3 Days (Tour Code : UKLK)
Day 1: London – Peak District
Join the tour early morning from your pick up point, and begin to head north towards the Lake District. The Lake District is the largest National Park in the country and is considered one of its most scenic regions with amazing backdrops of mountains, lakes and woodland. Driving through the National Park you will enjoy breath-taking views of beautiful open countryside, synonymous to the Lake-lands. On arrival visit Buxton – described as the “Gateway to the Peak District National Park”. Here see the ancient Roman spa’s, the National Opera House and then enjoy free time to explore. Later drive to the village of Castleton, the fabulous views crafted by its location on the cusp of the Peak District are truly marvellous.
Breakfast N Dinner Y
Day 2: Lake District
This morning after breakfast, we drive through the magnificent Lake District National Park in Cumbria, with its numerous lakes and home to stunning views and woodlands be sure to be mesmerised with the natural beauty that has recently been named as a World Heritage Site. We travel to Windermere where you can enjoy a tranquil boat cruise on the lake. Later enjoy a ride on a steam train. We then continue to The Rum Story an attraction and museum in Whitehaven. Here you are presented with the story of the rum trade and the creation of rum, and have an opportunity to even sample the local rum. Later we drive through the market town of Keswick before returning to our hotel.
Breakfast Y Dinner Y
Day 3: Lake District – London
After breakfast we head to Grasmere – the home to the famous poet “William Wordsworth”. On arrival enjoy free time to explore the village where you can view the oldest church in Lake District, walk around the Daffodil Gardens and also have an opportunity to buy traditional ginger breads. Later drive back to London and then it is time to bid farewell to the group.
Breakfast N Dinner Y
Note: On occasions, due to large events, traffic and availability of reservations, it may be necessary to change the above itinerary. However all aspects of the itinerary will be covered.
• Return transportation by deluxe AC coach from your selected pick up point
• 2 Nights accommodation in a 3/4* hotel with breakfast
• 2 Indian Dinners
• Entrances and sightseeing as mentioned in Tour Highlights
• All tips and service charges
• Premium service of a Star Tours’ Representative
• Peak District & Lake District drive through
• Windermere Cruise
• The Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway steam train
• The Rum Story Museum
Departure Dates & Prices
|TOUR CODE: UKAT
|ADULT / CHILD
|Apr – 12, 19
|May – 04, 25
|Jun – 08, 22
|Jul – 06, 20, 26
|Aug – 02, 16, 24
|Sep – 06, 20
- Price per person based on 2/3 adults sharing a room
- Child 2 – 11 years must share a room with 2/3 adults
- Infants 0 – 23 months price is £100 for a seat in coach only
- Max occupancy per room is 3 person (excluding infants) £40 reduction will apply for 2nd child without a bed Single supplement will be an additional £130
Pick Up Points Available
|Luton (LU4 8RQ)
|Toddington Services (LU5 6HR)
|Newport Pagnell (MK16 8DS)
|Northampton Services (NN4 9QY)
|Watford Gap Services (NN6 7UZ)
|Coventry (CV2 2SH)
Please note that pickup points are Northbound and drops are Southbound.
Please see our website for comprehensive addresses.
Why not add London by taking one of our day trips. View pages 18 – 19